Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Release Date: October 19th 2010
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Page Count: Hardcover, 427 pages
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.
Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.
Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts. - Good Reads

Okay, I'm seriously addicted to this series. I'm having withdrawals and I'm listening to music and thinking of how it could apply to Nora and Patch. I want to make a soundtrack for them. OHHHH, STOP ME NOW!


Something about this series captivates me. I think it's Patch. I think I love him

Anyways... this book was honestly a little... I don't know. It was full of two stubborn idiots who nearly forced me to bang my head against the wall repeatedly. IT WAS VERY FRUSTRATING. You really got to see how Nora and Patch react when pressure is put on their relationship and there is a lot of tension and regretted words that spilled out in the heat of the moment fight. I was a little distraught at times and wondered if I could keep on reading because I felt tortured and on the verge of annoyed. I'm glad I did though, because this had a shocking ending. I totally was not anticipating the ending to Crescendo at all, it caught me by complete surprise.

AND NOW I'M GOING TO COUNTDOWN THE DAYS UNTIL SILENCE COMES OUT!

P.S. Apparently Becca Fitzpatrick has playlists for each book on her website! Crescendo Playlist <--- Wicked Game is such a good choice! And Running Up That Hill! Ahhh! I'm totally making this playlist for my ipod. I actually own all of the songs on that playlist already! 







3 comments

  1. First things first, I must award you this. :-)

    I'm glad you're still addicted to this series. I must admit, I experienced the frustration and annoyance you felt enough to make me dislike Crescendo. I did like some stuff (the revelations about Nora's family and Marcie), but Nora's hysterical mood swings drove me crazy. I also hated the disappearance of Patch - he was hardly in the book at all. Still, I'm hoping by the time Silence is out, I won't be as bothered by all this because I am interested in how the story ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one but I didn't love it. of course, i hadn't read hush hush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TG: Thank you very much for the award! Yes, I agree, Nora was quite hysterical at times. I think overall the ending made up for it, but I was livid at points. First of all, Patch appeared to be a jackass, but mostly Nora was just tripping.

    Carrie: You should try to Hush, Hush - I think the second book wasn't quite as good as the first in a way because there was tons of drama. I still love the series so far.

    Thank you both for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete