Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published: August 14th 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Page Count: Paperback, 366

Source: Bought
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Sci-fi
Find the Author: Good ReadsWebsiteTwitterFacebookBlog

Buy This Book: Amazon,
 
Book Depository

Add It To Your Good Reads Shelf
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies… 

This book has officially sealed my undying love for Daemon! I questioned whether or not he might have gone too far with his mood swings in the first book, but in Onyx, he was definitely redeemed. There were even numerous times when I was sympathizing with him. And on top of that, Jennifer L Armentrout can write some hot scenes! 


In this installment of the Lux series we pick up right into more action and questions and a few mysteries that have answers pop up throughout the book. There were a few good surprises thrown in that I liked a lot, and I'm definitely ready to read the next one so I can find out more! 


If you love sci-fi and young adult romance, definitely check this out!


Favourite quote of the book:



“Okay, you're prone to moments of great dickdom, but you're not that bad.” 



                                                              5 out of 5 Stars




1 comment

  1. I just finished this book and my soul and heart cannot believe the events that happened in there. I laughed I cried and in the end my emotions have been drained. Great book. My favorite book is still the first book but this second one had just so many betrayals and such sadness that I just need a break before I start the third book.

    Cath Brookes (Skagway)

    ReplyDelete