20 Facts About Me:
1. I love hedgehogs. And Foxes.
2. Communicating on Twitter stresses me out. I hate fitting everything in!
3. The first book I ever borrowed from the library was In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories and I was in kindergarden.
4. I am addicted to earrings! Especially dangly earrings and hoops.
5. I love Oldies.
6. I'm obsessed with genealogy. I have parts of my family traced to the 1300s.
7. If I need cheering up I go watch clips of Ali G on Youtube.
8. I love to play computer games. World of Warcraft is one of them.
9. If I had to choose a song that describes my teens it'd definitely be Expectations by Belle & Sebastian.
10. My first crush was Bono from U2!
11. And Tom Cruise in Legend...
12. I stopped finding Tom Cruise good looking after Top Gun.
13. I grew up wanting to be a pilot. I didn't end up doing that though, which is fine with me because I grew out of that dream.
14. I'm the master of procrastination.
15. I love the dark chocolate marzipan bars from Marks and Spencer. And sometimes I fall into the depths of despair because I miss eating them so much it hurts.
16. Speaking of the depths of despair: Anne of Green Gables is one of my favourite books and films.
17. My husband and I once paid $100 for a pine tree imported from France when we lived in the Middle East for Christmas. We kept it up until February...
18. But my favourite scent is lilacs.
19. I am also addicted to perfume. It's one of my favourite gifts to get on holidays.
20. I love airports and the feeling of travelling.
Hi there! My name is Jess. Amazing younger sister of the original Book Crook Liza. I'm in the latter half of my twenties (barely!), single, and a complete and utter coffee addict. I'm in between things right now and enjoying the ups and down of life. Laughing at the ups and coping with the downs with books and coffee and friendship.
My love for reading was born from a Dad who took time away from his Harley-riding to read 'Home for a Bunny' and 'Farmer Jones' to toddler-me and a Grammy who fed my love for reading as often as she could. I'm as random as they get so my love for reading is not bound by one specific genre. It's an all encompassing love-machine. Is it well-written? Can I get down with the MC? Can I put it down? Or is my hand glued to the pages? These are the important questions.
20 Things About Me!
1. Pickles. Dill Kosher Pickles. Best thing ever.
2. My best literary friend growing up was Nancy Drew. She and I were tight.
3. I just got my very first smart phone this year. I'm now addicted to Instagram.
4. I love turtles.
5. Netflix. Enough said.
6. I'm an unabashed Whedon-ite. I've watched Buffy more times than I can reasonably count. I'll be a Browncoat until I die. Anything with Joss Whedon's name on it instinctively speaks to my spirit.
7. I play Secondlife. Yup. I do that.
8. If I was a Disney Princess I'd be Belle. Or Pocahontas. Or Cinderella.
9. I'm a sucker for quizzes. Especially ones that tell me which Disney Princess I am or what a character I am in a favorite series.
10. I like my shoes with a heel. And my jackets with (fake!) leather.
11. When I'm sick or in need of candy my younger siblings always get me a version of Junior Mints. They know me well.
12. When I was a kid I wanted to be fashion journalist. Now I'm an aspiring paralegal. lol.
13. Someday I will be rich and famous and live in a castle. Or just rich and live in a castle. I'll be okay with just rich and castle.
14. Happy endings are personal preference of mine.
15. I'm the Queen of Procrastination on personal things. But tend to OCD about professional things.
16. My fangirl knows little bound. BSG Re-Imagined? Yep. Dr. Who? Yes, Tenth Doctor please! Star Wars? Hans Solo and Leia was one of my first ships!
17. My first favorite TV Show was Full House. Then Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. After that it's just a blur. I watch way too much TV. lol.
18. I was one of those kids who wasn't allowed to read Harry Potter for religious reasons. Now I have all the books and movies. Hermoine is my hero.
19. I have a form of Muscular Dystrophy called Mitochondrial Myopathy. And yes, it was one of the first long words I learned to spell growing up. Student doctors needed help. lol.
17. I'm a believer. Of what? Happy endings, alternate universes, aliens, ghosts...you name it, give me some info, and I'll probably believe it. lol.
18. My favorite 80's movie is 'Say Anything'. My sister says I look like Diane Court. Someday my Lloyd Dobler will raise a boombox in front of my window. Someday....
19. Lavender is my favorite scent, also Jasmine. But my favorite flowers are roses and daisies. Not necessarily together. lol.
20. Anne of Green Gables was/is one of my favorite series/movies growing up. Also Little Women. Things like this bond me forever with Liza! (I'm Jo, she's more like Meg!).
Contact me :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/BronteDreams
Instagram : https://instagram.com/bronte.dreams/
Tumblr - http://frecklesofdreams.tumblr.com/