Saturday, November 24, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith 

Published: January 2nd 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Page Count: Hardcover, 236

Source: ARC
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Find the Author: WebsiteGood ReadsTwitter

Buy This Book: 
Amazon, Book Depository
Add It To Your Good Reads Shelf
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A. 
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. - Good Reads

I love love love love this book! Jennifer E. Smith really wrote something that could stick to my heart. And as someone who often travels, this was a very interesting premise, because flying with people is such an interesting experience. Spending time in such a compromising position (you know, 30,000-40,000 feet in the air) so close together... And then poof, you go your separate ways and then never see each other again, even though you may have spent the entire flight talking and talking. I have tried to keep in touch with people I've flown with and it's never worked out. I always lose touch. But in The Probability of Love At First Sight, it's a much sweeter story, but not quite as simple as I thought it would be. I thought this would be a pure love story without much personal growth, but I was surprised. This book actually revolves more around the growth of the character and her relationship with her father than on a true romance. I mean, romance is THERE and vital to the story, but it isn't the only thing brewing. 

Anyway, I beg of you... read this book! It's amazing! One of my favourites of 2012. 


                                                             5 out of 5 Hello Kitties! 

1 comment

  1. I loved this book! I agree with you about how great it was that the book also revolved around the character's personal growth. I really enjoyed that part :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete