Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review: Silence (Hush, Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush, Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick
Published: October 4th 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Page Count: Hardback, 438
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Find the Author: WebsiteGood ReadsTwitterBlog

Buy This Book: Amazon
Book Depository

Add It To Your Good Reads Shelf
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever. - Good Reads
Well, well, well. I think the summary of this novel might give you a slight different expectation than what actually happens in Silence, especially for a good majority of the book. I read in other reviews that Patch wasn't in the first half of the book and alas, it's true. I was worried about it because I've fallen deeply in lust with Patch and I was afraid it wouldn't be the same without him, but Silence actually moved really well without him and I was completely engrossed in what was going on, though every once in a while I'd be tempted to flip forward to catch a glimpse of him. Of course, he shows up midway through the book... 


As per usual, Nora rarely listens to anyone throughout the book and continues to put herself in bad situations. I think a lot of the action depends upon Nora doing something dumb. Sometimes if she stayed put like she's told, she could save herself a world of trouble. 


Overall, Silence was good, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting... especially since it's been announced there is now going to be a fourth book and I thought it was a trilogy. I'm not upset by it though, I'm excited, because there were some interesting developments towards the end of the book. I'm just not sure I find Nora a believable character to pull off these interesting developments... Hopefully there will be some believable growth in the next book. 


Sorry this review is a little vague. I don't really want to give any spoilers away.  Overall, if you've read the first two books and liked them, you'd benefit from reading this. Some people loved it, some people were disappointed, so I think there's a 50/50 chance. I wasn't as disappointed as some of the others, I liked it. But I'm easy to please when Patch is involved.


Oh, and I have a "spoiler" of my biggest complaint of this book - it's not exactly a huge spoiler, just a clue of something that DIDN'T end up happening: Becca Fitzpatrick is a cockblock. Nora and Patch don't get it on EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOTALLY EXPECTING IT! I feel very led on!  Go ahead and highlight the text, if you'd like to know! 


                                     4 out of 5 Hello Kitties

14 comments

  1. Hmm...Nora definitely figures into stuff going terribly wrong. I felt that way a lot in Crescendo.

    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this series but it sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO..I just finished this..that highlighted part..Yeah..was quite disappointed in that. After all the shiz she puts the poor guy thru ..she needs to....He def is an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. Ive read the 1st two books & haven't been excited about this one at all. I'm still not sure. I hate when the plot revolves around a girl making stupid decisions. I don't know. I may read this at some point.
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MWAHAHAHAHA love the hidden text there! I agree with Nora not being up to par with what her uh duties will call for...maybe Patch will knock her out & we just have him =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alana I'm totally into angel books, so this is definitely up my alley! It's worth a try! :)

    @Tee I KNOW, HE IS TRULY AN ANGEL! AHAHAHA!

    @Andrea Oh, I know. I was hoping Nora would grow a brain in this one, but she didn't really... I have the hots for Patch and I think that helps me to keep reading. Hopefully the next book is good. I think it might have potential to be, if Becca handles it right!

    @Shellie YEEEEAH! :D We need to just knock her out and take him for ourselves! AGREED!

    Thanks for commenting everyone! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love this book series and I was shocked when I heard there was going to be a forth! Now I have to wait again! I cannot do this for much longer I need them to get together!

    Well at least I will have something else to look forward to :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Hush Hush Yet. I'm behind in a few series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blahahaha!

    Your spoiler killed me! I can't say I'm surprised. Fitzpatrick is all about ploys. And really? A fourth book? Yeah, not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Hush Hush Yet. I'm behind in a few series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your spoiler was more entertaining to me than the first book in the series was. LOL I couldn't get into these books...I think it was Nora. She just didn't interest me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, I'm still debating whether I'll read this. I hate to leave a series unfinished, but I also hate that the author doesn't seem to realise it's Patch we're reading for! Crescendo barely had any Patch, either. Maybe I'll get this and just skip to the Patchy parts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really? A fourth book? I have to admit something. I did not finish the second book. haha! Angels are not my cup of tea...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @evermore1girl I really like it too. :)

    @Mrs Q Ah, me too! :) It happens!!!

    @Missie Ahahaha! I know it. It was sooo frustrating!

    @BJ: LOL! I liked the first book, the second one was fairly good, though kinda frustrating, but it had a killer cliffhanger and this one was just... not as emotional as the first two. It just lacked emotion. I'm mostly reading this series for Patch, but Nora just.... I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HANDLE ANOTHER BOOK OF HER STUDITIY! :/

    @TG I know! And Nora is just impossible to be alone with for too long. She starts to annoy the shit out of me. O:)

    @Fairytale Nerd Yeah, the second book was really dramatic. And Nora annoyed me and Nora was annoying in this one as well. The worst part though is that Crescendo, at least for me, had emotion - I was LIVID about some of the stuff in that book, but this one just didn't capture me the way the others did. I'm super into angels though. ;) It's funny because I never would have thought they'd be my thing, but somehow I find myself obsessed...

    Thank you all for commenting! :) Hope you have a lovely and week full of good weather and good reading!

    ReplyDelete