Friday, July 27, 2012

Review: Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2) by Meg Cabot

Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2) by Meg Cabot

Published: May 8th 2012
Publisher: Point
Page Count: Hardcover, 318

Source: Bought
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Find the Author: WebsiteGood ReadsTwitterBlog

Buy This Book: 
Amazon, Book Depository
Add It To Your Good Reads Shelf
Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.
Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.
Not this time.
But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.
Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.
But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.
And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape. - Good Reads

I read Abandon last year and if you read my review, you’ll know I was a little disappointed in it. I cannot tell you how much I adore Meg Cabot. I think she’s a really good writer and I’ve enjoyed all of her books. This series though… not so much. When I read, I gravitate towards romance. I adore a good love story. I look for it in a book and it is important to me. I love the stepping stones that lay out a love story that gets me all a flutter  - cocky heroes who appear a little jackassy, but are pure sweetness on the inside. All that unrealistic bs. Looking back at my review of Abandon, my mind is a little fuzzy on the details of what went on, but I seemed to feel that I was rooting for them towards the end in my review. Scratch that. It seems as if Pierce just throws herself into loving him and even seems to cater to him way beyond what she should. And there are a lot of convienent misunderstandings. And I just wasn’t feeling any of it. I hate saying that considering the author, but it’s what I feel and I like to be honest. I’m not sure if I’ll be reading the third book. I might just to see what happens and hope for some improvement, but I’m very doubtful, just because the love story isn’t working for me. I’m just not feeling it! 

                                 2 out of 5 Hello Kitties!

No comments:

Post a Comment