Top 10 Tuesday is an original feature and a regular meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish!
Ten Books You Recently Added to Your To-Be-Read List
1. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen: I’m a huge fan of Sarah Addison Allen and it all started with Garden Spells back in….how many years ago was it? I’ve read every novel since, followed Ms. Allen’s journey on social media (she’s a cancer survivor), and was elated when she announced that she was planning a sequel to the novel that started it all for me. A chance to see some of my favorite characters a few years down the road (and all grown up in one case!).
2. The Mermaid’s Sister by Carrie Ann Noble: Part (or entirely!) fairy-tale, sisters, and a mermaid. Also in the description somewhere I read ‘Gypsy Wagon’ and a question about the main character’s true identity. (If her sister is a mermaid, then what does that make her?!). The novel also won Amazon’s 2014 Breakthrough Novel Award. Smash all that up together and you have a book I want to read!
3. Attachments by RainbowRowell: An earlier work of Ms. Rowell’s (predating Fangirl and Eleanor and Park) targeted to a more mature audience. The synopsis reminds me of Meg Cabot’s The ‘Boy’ Series (e-mails in the workplace being a main component). And a guy who doesn’t know he’s fallen in love with our main character until it’s too late and he’s stuck between a rock and a hard place because he’s done something super awkward. Yes, please.
4. Will Grayson, WillGrayson by John Green: It’s the only John Green I haven’t read yet. I think this explains everything.
5. Miss Peregrine’s Homefor Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: It’s been on my to-read list for a long while. It’s gotten so much attention and sometimes you need a nice, gloomy, peculiar read on a rainy day (or any day!). To be honest, it’s been so sunny and nice out that I’m in need of a creepy, gloom, mysterious read. You know, just to balance things out a little.
6. The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick: I wasn’t aware until recently that Huntley Fitzpatrick had written another book in the ‘My Life Next Door’ world! That made it a must-read and it is definitely a book that I’m very much looking forward to reading. The countdown is on!
7. The Mistake by Lily Maxton: Historical romance is actually my jam despite what you may think looking at my previous reviews on the blog. I read a lot of historical romance, though I never really posted reviews on the blog because I was trying to keep everything strictly YA. After this past hiatus I would really like to change that and vary the books and just read what I like to read. And this book happens to be one that just went into my TBR list from NetGalley!
8. The King’s Curse by Philippa Gregory: I love Philippa Gregory and haven't read this one yet. It must be read. End of story.
9. China Dolls by Lisa See: This is another author that I really love. I basically read anything she puts out. I still need to read this one and was recently reminded of the fact that I haven't read it yet.
10. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston: This sounds so unusual and interesting that I can't wait to read it.