Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shadow Kiss (Book #3) by Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss (Book #3) by Richelle Mead

Buy The Book | Website
Release Date: November 13th 2008
Publisher: Razorbill
Page Count: Paperback, 443 pages
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal

Is Rose's fate to kill the person she loves most? It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason's death, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can't concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret .... She's in love with Dimitri. And this time, it's way more than a crush. Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever... - Good Reads

I finished this last night actually and didn't end up posting because I honestly couldn't even being to think of what I could say. This book was so emotional. Again, as with the previous book, I really loved the characters. Once again, Christian and Adrian were definitely some of my favourites. There were times in this book when I was upset with Rose for holding back so much information from her friends. It was frustrating. It'd be so much easier and probably cause her less strife in the future or in situations she is in if she just let them know what is going on. She got past that a tiny bit towards the end, but not by much. Overall though, just a very good story. I'm really hoping the rest of the series is just as good. AND THAT JERK WHO HAS MY #4 RETURNS IT TO THE LIBRARY ASAP.




3 comments

  1. You had me laughing when you said "that jerk who has my #4" LOL I think the same thing when I'm waiting for a book I have on hold. Shame on them! ;)

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I wanted Rose with Dimitri, this is the book that made me love Adrian - I want him for myself, ha. This is the most recent VA book, I've read. Even though I guessed there'd be a sad ending (particularly when things started looking as if they were going well for Rose and Dimitri), I was still shocked at *everything* that happened - I did not think the story would go that dark. I also can't wait to see what happens in Blood Promise; with Rose out of the Academy, it's going to be such a big change from all the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I ended up having to buy #4! AAARGH! I just couldn't wait. I found a LIKE NEW hardback on Amazon for $4 with shipping and handling! Score!

    I know, I have this soft spot for Adrian. Something about him is so endearing! And ahhh, I just love him! I really wasn't expecting the story to go that dark either... I was really shocked. REALLY SHOCKED! I can't wait to continue reading the series.

    I can't wait to read Bloodlines either! Ahh! It's coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete