This is Tune in Tuesdays hosted by G Reads! Go spread the love of music by going over to her blog and participating!This months theme is Soundtracks!
My absolute favourite soundtrack of all time is the soundtrack from the film Amélie. I love the entire soundtrack, but Comptine D'un Autre Etè: l'Après in particular is my favourite piece. If my life were to be a film and I had to pick a theme this would be what I would pick. When I was a child, at least up until I was about 7 or so, I was rarely allowed to listen to any style of music besides classical and to this day I sometimes prefer classical music over modern. I really do love good and heartfelt lyrics, but often times I don't need that to feel close to or touched by a song. A beautiful melody is all I need and this one is particular just speaks to me more than many songs ever will be able to. Unfortunately it's impossible to find the official version on YT because I think they're blocking it, so I found somebody who plays it well, but only the first two minutes or so is the same - the rest is improvised to make it longer, because the actual piece isn't very long. I hope you enjoy it!
Top 10 Tuesday is an original feature/regular meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish!
Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It
1. Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer Unfortunately I didn't like this...despite that I still think the cover is amazing.
2. Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone Elkeles I haven't actually read this, but this cover caught my interest because it's hot and I like it and I decided to get the first book, which I ended up loving. Still haven't read this one yet though.
3. Isle of Night (The Watchers #1) by Veronica Wolff I technically haven't actually read this, but I did pick it up not too long ago in the book shop. That boy on the cover is extremely good looking. ENOUGH SAID!
4. Across the Universe by (Across the Universe #1) Beth Revis This cover is beautiful. This and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer have to be my favourite covers of the year. Funnily enough, while I loved Across the Universe... I didn't think this cover matched the story inside much.
5. My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent I love this series. LOVE IS SO GOOD! And this is the cover that drew me in. It's pretty and I love the covers of the entire series, especially If I Die, but this is the one that made me pick it up.
6. Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini I wanted to read this book since I saw the cover. It's just completely beautiful. The colours are calming and it just fits so well with what is inside, I think.
7. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink I loved this trilogy. This isn't the most beautiful cover out of the trilogy, I think Circle of Fire is, but I was roaming my local library one day and stumbled across this and was like "mmmmmmmm!", I grabbed it, loved it and cherished it. The third book was especially epic and amazing.
8. Ruby Red (Edelstein Trilogie #1) by Kerstin Gier This was another book that I picked up while roaming the library based on the cover. Of course I did notice that it mentioned time travel, so of course I was down because I'm a sucker for time travel. I ended up loving it too.
9. Entwined by Heather Dixon This cover is JUST SO PRETTY! I keep saying other ones are my favourite, but I forgot how this one is also my favourite... It's hard to pick, but this one is just amazing and I totally picked it up based on the cover. 12 Dancing Princesses had nothing to do with it. It was a purely cover driven. I ended up really enjoying it too. Yay!
10. Touch (Denazen #1) by Jus Accardo I know I sound like a complete hooker by now, but I'm sorry, I appreciate a good looking guy. It's just how I roll. This guy is totally hot and his personality in the book is totally cute and made him even hotter. I wish he was mine!!!!!!